logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Memory problems since 1245

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at jemila.jazztel.es on Wed Oct 7 07:53:03 BST 2009

Charlie Ferrero escribió:
> Charlie Ferrero wrote:
>
>> Carlos Dávila wrote:

> As an update, I've tried running mkgmap on this coastline extract (the
> OSM input file is about 90MB.) but after two hours there is still no
> sign of anything and not even an empty .img file has been created.  Java
> is chuntering away at 50% CPU utilisation.
>
> I assume this isn't right - but can anyone who has successfully got
> --generate-sea to work let me know how they can tell it is working or not?

I usually build map of Spain with --generate-sea using 7 tiles I get
splitting Europe extract from Geofrabrik with the following command line:
java -Xmx1000m -enableassertions -jar mkgmap.jar --generate-sea --route
--latin1 --code-page=1252 --description="OpenStreetMap-Iberia"
--gmapsupp --country-name=ESPAÑA --country-abbr=ESP --family-name="Open
Street Map" --family-id=18 --product-id=318 --series-name="OSM-Iberia-s"
--road-name-pois --ignore-maxspeeds --remove-short-arcs
--add-pois-to-areas --location-autofill=1 --style=mio -c spain-s.args
I didn't notice an special increase in the processing time. However I
have done some attempts with only coastline (only 27 MB) and it take
more than ten minutes, which I find too long for so small input file.
Command line used is:
java -Xmx500m -enableassertions -jar mkgmap.jar --generate-sea --latin1
--code-page=1252 --description="Costa-Iberia" --family-name="Open Street
Map" --family-id=20 --product-id=320 --series-name="OSM-Iberia-costa"
--mapname=63240100 --tdbfile --style=sea --draw-priority=10
/home/carlos/JOSM/costa_peninsula.osm
Hope it helps
Regards
Carlos

--
Por favor, no me envíe documentos con extensiones .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .mdb, mdbx

Instale OpenOffice desde http://es.openoffice.org/programa/index.html
OpenOffice es libre: se puede copiar, modificar y redistribuir libremente. Gratis y totalmente legal.
OpenOffice funciona mejor que otros paquetes de oficina.
OpenOffice está en continuo desarrollo y no tendrá que pagar por las nuevas versiones.