logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Memory problems since 1245

From Charlie Ferrero charlie at cferrero.net on Wed Oct 7 00:08:21 BST 2009

Charlie Ferrero wrote:

> Carlos Dávila wrote:
>> Charlie Ferrero escribió:

>>> To make life easier, you could craft an XAPI call just to download the
>>> coastline for a particular area of interest (makes the OSM file much
>>> smaller so more likely that you'll have enough memory to process it).
>>> I've been trying with
>>> wget
>>> http://www.informationfreeway.org/api/0.6/way[natural=coastline][bbox=-9.31641,49.49668,2.28516,61.27023]
>>> -O UK_coastline.osm

As an update, I've tried running mkgmap on this coastline extract (the
OSM input file is about 90MB.) but after two hours there is still no
sign of anything and not even an empty .img file has been created.  Java
is chuntering away at 50% CPU utilisation.

I assume this isn't right - but can anyone who has successfully got
--generate-sea to work let me know how they can tell it is working or not?

--

Charlie