logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Handling of Garmin magic label codes (highwayshields etc.) differs from mp-format input to osm-format ?

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Oct 5 22:59:50 BST 2009

On 05/10/09 19:02, Gert Münzel wrote:
> But mkgmap  support it if you take mp-format as input. Only with osm-input it doesn't work.
> Also i saw entrys for 0x1f in the PrependFilter.java and HighwayshieldFilter.java.

Itsn't it commented out in the HighwayShieldFilter?  It may well work
with the PrependFilter, try: ${name|prefix:ele}

>> but as it is well known we could just support something like the following:
>> highway=* {name '${ref|highway-symbol:oval}~[0x1f]${name}'
> Sorry, but this only writes "~[0x1f]" in the img and this will be shown as plain text in the label.

Yes, exactly it is not currently supported in a style file, but it
could be rather easily if that is what people wanted.

..Steve