logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Handling of Garmin magic label codes (highwayshields etc.) differs from mp-format input to osm-format ?

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Mon Oct 5 17:10:02 BST 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Steve Ratcliffe <steve at parabola.me.uk> wrote:

> As the 0x1f separator is not a highway symbol it is not
> supported by the highway-symbol modifier.  In this
> case, since you don't want to modify the string it would be
> best to just insert the symbol where you want it
> to be, however mkgmap does not support that.

If I recall, when we were first working on getting the highway symbols
to function, we used a hex editor to directly insert the hex codes
into the style file entry.

Thus, as a work around, it should be theoretically possible to do
something like this:

highway=* {name '${ref|highway-symbol:oval}<0x1f>${name}'

Where "<0x1f>" is the actual hex code 1f, inserted with a hex editor.
This might be enough for Gert to test this out without requiring any
modifications to mkgmap.

Cheers.