logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Handling of Garmin magic label codes (highwayshields etc.) differs from mp-format input to osm-format ?

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Oct 5 16:59:12 BST 2009

Hi

On 05/10/09 15:48, Gert Münzel wrote:
> I try to use the Garmin magic label codes in the form
> ~[0x06]B51~[0x1f]Hauptstrasse

> I have made an entry in stylefile like
> highway=* {name '${ref|highway-symbol:oval} ${name|highway-symbol:ele}'
> | '${ref|highway-symbol:oval}' | '${name}' }
> where i expect as result:
> ~[0x06]B51~[0x1f]Hauptstrasse
> if ref=B51 and name=Hauptstrasse

highway-symbol is special and designed to clean up a road
reference and then prepend the symbol only if it does
contain a number.

As the 0x1f separator is not a highway symbol it is not
supported by the highway-symbol modifier.  In this
case, since you don't want to modify the string it would be
best to just insert the symbol where you want it
to be, however mkgmap does not support that.  I don't
paricularly like the ~[0x1f] notation since it gives no
clue as to what it does, but as it is well known we
could just support something like the following:

   highway=* {name '${ref|highway-symbol:oval}~[0x1f]${name}'

..Steve