logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1253: Added mdr 5 for cites.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Fri Oct 2 21:08:03 BST 2009

svn commit wrote:
> Version 1253 was commited by steve on 2009-10-02 19:35:23 +0100 (Fri, 02 Oct 2009)
> BRANCH: mdr
>
> Added mdr 5 for cites.
>
> The city field in all points that are themselves cities is set.
>
> You should now see on a city search the region and country if set.
>
> Not implemented for other features yet.

Just as a little report. Fields are open now.
Searching for country was fine, not working is the region currently (at
least on Austria), I have all cities placed in the region of Kaernten
(Carinthia).

Well, I have no clue how the matching is done, and whether this is
actually a bug in the boundary data (could be well possible due to
geofabrik cutting, leaving Kaernten as open polygon, and maybe reversing
it like the flooding of sea on country side (instead of blue sea).
This is running on location-autofill=1

I do think that even if mkgmap will eventually do everything correct
here- it will never work 100% as one expect, because boundaries are
simply often wrong/incomplete and difficult to match all points inside a
polygon). Of course better having it than not having it...