logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1246: Impelent mdr 4 and 9 as best as we know.

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Sep 30 12:19:12 BST 2009

On 30/09/09 11:23, Felix Hartmann wrote:
> I think this is style dependant? I get 50% rubbish right now - (as
> compared to what I find via "nearest places) in all categories.

Yes I do see quite a lot of things that shouldn't be there, up to 50%
I would agree.

> If you get it to show the same as nearest places it would be great,
> otherwise (but this would be a good idea in any case) it would be great
> if one could exclude POI via points file in the style-file e.b. by
> having a line like this:
> highway=traffic_lights [0x* resolution 24 -noindex]
>
> There are many POI that are nice to have in a map, but not needed to be
> searched for (e.g. traffic_lights, park benches, railway crossings,
> trees, diverse obstacles like bump_gate, kissing_gate,..., water_tower,
> energy plant, cliff, wayside shrine, .......

Well as far as I can tell most or all of those things can't be in the
index anyway, and also only things that have names are included.
So once it is fully working I think it will be just fine.  But
lets wait until then and see.

> Really great that it is more or less working however!
> (well city, state/province, country still not usable - city would be
> great to have off course)

Yes I think we know enough to add these, so that should happen fairly
quickly, barring unforeseen problems.

..Steve