logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1241: Fix various bugs relating to reading the rgn file.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Mon Sep 28 15:39:44 BST 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> Felix,
>

>> Ups, sorry I was not clear. I meant that we should include into the
>> global address index also streets without "osm addresses". So that any
>> street present in the map, can be searched for by the "address search"
>> and not only proper addresses with housenumbers (because we don't have
>> many of them yet). This would have the added advantage of being able to
>> search for hiking ways of which you know the name (but which certainly
>> have no houses, so no address).
>>

> OK, understood. Sure, you want the road name without the city name
> suffixed as you get with the RNPs.
>

>> So I would like to have the functionality of "road-name-pois" inside the
>> address search (with housenumber=0, because the Vista HCx will only let
>> you enter a streetname in the search, after having typed in a
>> housenumber; I do believe that other GPS are similar in that regard).
>>

> Don't know how adding housenumber=0 to a road address will change
> things. Surely, the hcx will still be asking for a number? As you
> probably know, you don't even have to enter a number, just OK.

Ups, yeah I forgot about that. Though we would have to check whether
addresses consisting of street only, without housenumber (be it because
there is no housenumber for that address, exists sometimes on the
countryside, or be it because of the above RNP replacement)
are listed. When I click ok instead of entering a housenumber,
housenumber=1 is found (so what happens if no housenumber exists?).