logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1241: Fix various bugs relating to reading the rgn file.

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Mon Sep 28 15:33:21 BST 2009

Felix,

> Ups, sorry I was not clear. I meant that we should include into the
> global address index also streets without "osm addresses". So that any
> street present in the map, can be searched for by the "address search"
> and not only proper addresses with housenumbers (because we don't have
> many of them yet). This would have the added advantage of being able to
> search for hiking ways of which you know the name (but which certainly
> have no houses, so no address).

OK, understood. Sure, you want the road name without the city name
suffixed as you get with the RNPs.

> So I would like to have the functionality of "road-name-pois" inside the
> address search (with housenumber=0, because the Vista HCx will only let
> you enter a streetname in the search, after having typed in a
> housenumber; I do believe that other GPS are similar in that regard).

Don't know how adding housenumber=0 to a road address will change
things. Surely, the hcx will still be asking for a number? As you
probably know, you don't even have to enter a number, just OK.

> Whether the "road-name-pois" is then dropped or not, does not matter to me.

Indeed, the RNP code can slumber.

Mark