logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Mkgmap appears to hang on some split files

From Chris Miller chris.miller at kbcfp.com on Mon Sep 28 14:16:36 BST 2009

Hi Lambertus,

What you have attached is a crash dump from the JVM, not a stack dump of
the (running) Java application. How are you getting that file? If it's being
generated as the result of you killing the process, then it's not useful.
You need to instead try and get a stack dump output by following Steve's
directions. Did you try pressing CTRL-\ in the hung terminal window, or running
output information about the current state of mkgmap (what threads are running
and what they're doing, etc) which should help diagnose the problem.

Chris