logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1235: Fix hang on continue action.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sun Sep 27 21:28:01 BST 2009

svn commit wrote:
> Version 1235 was commited by steve on 2009-09-27 16:42:08 +0100 (Sun, 27 Sep 2009)
> BRANCH: style
>
> Fix hang on continue action.

Thanks for your work, sadly though for me at the moment the style branch
is useless because continue on the strictly ordered style rules has no
effect. (I need to have the rules running not only in order, but also if
continue given, several rules on the same object. (actually I don't even
need to really have then run in order, but would really need to have
every rule run on each object, even if another rule matched already)

Plus, it runs about 10 times slower than the trunk branch (plus continue
patch, plus make ways out of relations patch) with my style-files - I
hope that this can be optimized. (Austria.osm.bz2 from Geofabrik takes
45 minutes with the style-branch and still needs to calculate 1 out of 6
tiles with my style-file unadapted, while it takes 6:35 with the trunk
and continue patch (plus a few more patches all however with little
impact on calculation time). 5 times slower is really too slow (and it's
definitely not swapping memory to disk, plenty free) - this might be
however because the max-jobs seems to be broken (though it does not get
the tiles out in input order but cpu load is only 1 instead of 3). The
style which I adapted for strict rules ordering took 12 minutes (but
here with no continue on the rules working, it's useless).