logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Hiding railway tunnels and underground lines

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Sat Sep 26 21:25:47 BST 2009

Marko Mäkelä wrote:

> Is there any reason to display railway tunnels on the Garmin map?  Would
> routing work with invisible objects (not that Garmin would support a rail
> routing option, but perhaps it could make sense to hide long highway tunnels
> as well)?

I use this "lines" style for railways:

railway=* & (tunnel=yes | tunnel=true) [0x2c level 4]
railway=light_rail                     [0x14 level 4]
railway=rail                           [0x14 level 5]
railway=subway                         [0x14 level 4]
railway=tram                           [0x14 level 4]

0x14 is my normal rail symbol in the TYP file, 0x2c is a sort of a
dashed line.

The problem with highways is that the Garmin devices handle some of the
line types differently in the routing which AFAIK cannot be changed.