logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Creating DEM-like maps using TYP customisation

From Martin Simon grenzdebil at gmail.com on Sat Sep 26 11:17:34 BST 2009

2009/9/26 maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>:
> Very nice.  Has anyone tried this with mkgmap?
>
> http://www.cgpsmapper.com/download/Creating%20custom%20types%20to%20represent%20elevation%20data.pdf
>
> What's needed is to simply (?) convert the contour line to polygon.

I'm currently experimenting with this - the problem is to create
closed polygons per tile, similar to the sea areas mkgmap can create
from coastlines.

This is what it looks like when it's working(when no open contours are
involved):

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9595/img0854oj.jpg

It works quite fast, even if there are many dithering layers on top of
each other.

Maybe parts of the sea polygons code could be reused to extend contour
areas to the tile borders.

-Martin