logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug report : closed contour lines are opened

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Wed Sep 23 21:05:24 BST 2009

>> I know that there some thime ago there was some error in the douglas
>> peucker code, which drops the first or last segment of a polygon. A
>> solution was discussed, but I'm not sure, if this solution has found its
>> way into the trunk.
>>

> I have the patch DP2.patch, which I see you did say should be committed
> from the 25 Aug.  It still applies OK and there are no noticeable
> problems so I shall commit it.

Yes, this was the one I meant. It should solve the problem with the
unclosed lines. I haven't tested this case for myself, as I dont have
contour lines at hand, but I think this patch helps for it.

Please note, that the writer of the patch was Thilo, so thanks go to his
side.

Regards,
Johann