logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] MDR success and a couple of questions

From Bernhard Heibler bernhard at heibler.de on Tue Sep 22 21:35:44 BST 2009

Hi Steve,

thats really good news ! I tried to embed your dummy mdr file into my
map unfortunately my Nuvi was not impressed. It is still asking for a
state but at least it didn't crash.

In one of your posts you mentioned that the "find" button gets enabled.
Did you test it with MS or on your garmin device ? Did you just used the
img with the dummy mdr file ?

Unfortunately I was not able to spend much time looking into MDR during
the last months. So I have to dig into this again. According to my
documents the nuvi at least requires the following MDR Records:

    1,   5,   11,    24 (country List ?),  25 (City Ref List), 29
(Country List ?)

I found this out by removing section by section from the mdr header of a
working file. I forgot if this file was MS generated or by cGPSmapper.
Then I tried to put this records in one of my files but Nuvi didn't
liked it much.

Berni.