logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter r95 - improved command line handling, tile naming based on location

From Chris Miller chris.miller at kbcfp.com on Sun Sep 20 13:52:03 BST 2009

Hi Mark

MB> Ooops, silly me. I just grabbed the first file that looked
MB> interesting. I should have read your email more carefully.

Well I probably should have pointed out that gotcha explicitly in my original
email. It's easy enough for me to fix but I've been thinking about building
in better support for other GeoNames feature codes from those files too (http://www.geonames.org/export/codes.html)
which means the code will need revisiting anyway.

MB> So, I have just split the GB (with cities1000.zip) and I get:
MB>
MB> mapname: 63240001
MB> input-file: 63240001.osm.gz
MB> input-file: 63240022.osm.gz
MB> That's great.
MB>
MB> Many thanks for the new capability.

No problem, I'm glad to hear you're happy with the results. I've just checked
in a fix for the path bug you found too, r96.

Chris