logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] location-autofill and --region-abbr

From Charlie Ferrero charlie at cferrero.net on Wed Sep 16 20:10:31 BST 2009

Hello all,

As I understand it mkgmap uses the is_in tag (if present) to determine
the region of a given city.  If no is_in tag exists, it uses whatever
was defined by --region-abbr in the command line, and if nothing was
defined, then it uses nothing.

If this is so, then why is --region-abbr is used instead of
--region-name?   After all, the is_in tags usually give a name, not an
abbreviation.  The workaround is just to set --region-abbr to the same
as --region-name, but before I do this I wanted to check this wouldn't
break something else.

Thanks,

Charlie