logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Moving to Java 1.6

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Sep 15 17:39:24 BST 2009

Hi

As there wasn't any voices against the change, I am now going announce
that mkgmap will now require java 1.6.  Just in time really as
there is just over a month before 1.5 is end-of-life'd by Sun ;)

During a transitional period I will compile it with target 1.5 and
detect if 1.6 is not being used print a hopefully useful error messages
instead of a cryptic stack trace.

After a while I plan to drop that code and just compile for 1.6.

If you see anything on the wiki or elsewhere that refers to java 1.5
feel free to change it.
..Steve