logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] night-mode styling

From MarkS OSM at redcake.co.uk on Sun Sep 13 07:48:41 BST 2009

maning sambale wrote:
> I am trying to create a nightmode styling for my osm-ph gps maps. A
> good inspiration are radarmaps:
> http://justin.everett-church.com/ymaps/radarMaps.html
>
> Please share some tips in creating this style.
>
> Another thing, this maybe far fetched, but is there any desktop img
> viewer that can load the night mode style other than viewing it in the
> GPS itself?
>
> Here is my current day-mode style:
> http://epsg4253.wordpress.com/2009/09/12/new-osm-ph-garmin-map-release-sept-200909/

nRoute (which I is available on the Garmin website, but requires a seach
around the net for a link to it) will switch between night and day
styles according to the time of the day (adjust the PC clock as needed).
Just install it along side mapsource.

As to creating the style I'd have thought this is more down to creating
the right TYP file rather than adjusting the mkgmap style.