logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Fun with splitter tile descriptions

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Sat Sep 12 11:58:02 BST 2009

On Sep 11, 2009, at 23:05, Chris Miller wrote:

> The approach I'm currently looking at is using a geonames file (eg
> cities15000.zip)
> from http://download.geonames.org/export/dump/ to decide which
> country and
> city is the most predominant one in each tile.

I tried this out on an extract of Europe. It worked pretty well; of
the 234 tiles in my map, 5 had no entry in the cities15000 file.

Four of the tiles were in Italy (Largest centers according to the
GeoNames Web service: Codroipo, Maniago, Tavagnacco, Cervignano del
Friuli, ), and one was in Slovenia (Podhom).

This is good enough for my purposes.

Cheers.