logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Add additional ways at junctions - extending "Merge similar lines and ways" concept.

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Sep 10 17:43:05 BST 2009

Hi Felix,

> Some remarks about the merge lines concept, and the reasoning why it
> will not help much and needs to be extended/changed.

Your remarks are most interesting. I have been considering writing some
code to tweak the arc headings to help make the routing directions more
sensible. In my head, I have already thought how and where to do that.

I would be happy to incorporate your ideas into the experimental code
so we can evaluate them.

I'm away for a couple of days now but should be able to start on this
next week.

Cheers,

Mark