logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Auto-Merge

From Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net on Tue Sep 8 12:59:29 BST 2009

Mark Burton schreef:
> The fact that other routing services choose to do that does not make me
> any more enthusiastic about the idea.

IMHO, if people want specific changes to their OSM data before rendering
a map, it's pretty easy to do so. Merging different nodes on basis of
some rule (the rule in this case being "coordinates are the same") could
be one of these pre-processors. I agree that this should not be mkgmap's
job.

Another nice preprocessor I just made is (remove extra line feeds):
sed 's/k="name"
v="[^"]*\(straat\|plein\|hof\|dijk\|laan\|weg\|gracht\|vaart\|
museum\|pad\|school\|college\|zicht\|groeve\|park\| Museum\|
weide\|sluis\|singel\|haven\|sloot\|plantsoen\|kanaal\|kade\)"/k="name"
v="Name Of Collegue\1"/' unpacked.osm > specialmap.osm

This made a nice birthday map of the Netherlands; we had a good laugh
over it. (Bonus is the fact that "card" and "map" are the same word in
Dutch, so "birthday card" is the same as "birthday map" :)

Replacing these words with their English (or other language) equivalent
is left as an excercise to the reader.

Also: if you can't find your way home afterwards, you'll have a great
excuse.

Best regards,

Valentijn