logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New splitter version, big memory savings

From Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net on Thu Sep 3 12:43:42 BST 2009

Chris, thanks for al the good work. Just a small and unrelated remark.
The script that builds my map first unpacks the osm.bz2 file, then runs
splitter. Still, Splitter complains about no --cache being used, while
as far as I understand, there's no real advantage using --cache if
you're using uncompressed files, or is there?

Best regards,

Valentijn

Chris Miller schreef:
> I've just checked in a new version of the splitter (r84) that requires far
> less memory and also performs slightly better during the first stage of the
> split.
[...]