logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [patch] change bus_stop to Transit Service category and add name / operator

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Sep 2 09:41:53 BST 2009

Hi Ben, Steve, all,

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 01:36:17AM -0400, Ben Konrath wrote:
> Hi Marko,
>
> On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Marko Mäkelä<marko.makela at iki.fi> wrote:
> <snip>
> > I would prefer to have only the major things (bus stations and train stops)
> > in one menu and all the others (bus stops, tram stops) in the other menu.
> > In this way, it should be easier to plan long journeys when travelling by
> > train or long-haul bus.  And for getting around inside a city, you'd look
> > for the nearest bus or tram stop.  I assume that this was Ben's reasoning
> > too.
>
> Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. I like your updated rules,
> thanks for making them. It would be nice to see them committed.

I updated the patch today.  Stops with none of these attributes will
be left unnamed: name, ref, operator, shelter, covered.

Stops with just (shelter|covered)=(yes|no) will be called " -" or " +".

It would be nice to get rid of the leading spaces when no name is given,
but I would not like to duplicate the rules.  It could be done by
replacing lines like

{ name '${name|def:} ${ref|def:}-${operator|def:}' }

with

{ name '${name} ${ref|def:}-${operator|def:}'|'${ref|def:}-${operator|def:}' }

Best regards,

	Marko