logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address search problem due to required "State" value

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Mon Aug 31 00:10:57 BST 2009

Steve Hosgood wrote:
> Gert Münzel wrote:
>
>> MAPSOURCE:
>> There are 2 Ways to install Mapsource without having the Original-CD to yours fingertips:
>>

> We could really use a wiki page on stuff like this.
> I do have an apparently-OK copy of  'mapsource' but it won't start
> because I don't have an "installed map". I don't/didn't know how to get
> one (though I have a genuine Garmin map in .IMG format with my
> Streetpilot of course). Gert - you do offer a couple of clues how to get
> past this stage in your mail.
>
> Can I install my genuine .IMG file as an "installed map"?

If it is not locked easily - you will have to create tdb and so on with
mkgmap (difficult) or gmaptool (easier) or mapsettoolkit (easiest but
often not working), otherwise just choose any map from here which has a
mapsource installer:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Download

I have written a guide on how to start with Mapsource and OSM here on my
homepage, of course you can exchange the map for any other.

http://openmtbmap.org/tutorials/enbeginners-starting-guide-dewo-beginnen-tutorial/