logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address search problem due to required "State" value

From Steve Hosgood steve at tallyho.bc.nu on Sun Aug 30 23:29:16 BST 2009

Gert Münzel wrote:
> MAPSOURCE:
> There are 2 Ways to install Mapsource without having the Original-CD to yours fingertips:

We could really use a wiki page on stuff like this.
I do have an apparently-OK copy of  'mapsource' but it won't start
because I don't have an "installed map". I don't/didn't know how to get
one (though I have a genuine Garmin map in .IMG format with my
Streetpilot of course). Gert - you do offer a couple of clues how to get
past this stage in your mail.

Can I install my genuine .IMG file as an "installed map"?

Steve