logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Can you set background colour in a TYP file?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sun Aug 30 22:18:28 BST 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> I've had zero success in setting the background colour on the etrex. I
> can happily change styles of lines and polygons so the type file is
> working to a degree.
>
> Has anyone managed to change the background colour on an etrex vista
> hcx?

that's exactly the unit I'm using:

Have you tried a master reset on the vista hcx? maybe you switched of
showing polygons (that's possible via one of the sub-menus)?

I have attached you a supersmall map as gmapsupp.img, is it also yellow?
(please zoom in to closer than 2km). Simply unpack and put into /garmin.
(it's Monaco).
this gmapsupp.img is well showing white background on my vista hcx