logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Can you set background colour in a TYP file?

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sun Aug 30 18:40:17 BST 2009

Hi Felix,

> yes, simply set background polygon 0x4b to a color (if using maptk watch
> out to set one pixel to something else, because usually if you go for a
> single color only maptk will put second color transparent and
> performance sucks, this is a bug in maptk, the online typfile editor is
> fine in this regard).
> I like white (best contrast).
> Black would be good only for maps used primarily at night, because you
> might save battery power, but readability is in my eyes still better
> with white.

Thanks for the quick response.

I tried doing that using http://ati.land.cz/gps/typdecomp/editor.cgi
but it doesn't make any difference. What drawing level and color mode
should I be using?

The other stuff in the TYP file (all line defs) appears to work fine.

Cheers,

Mark