logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1157: Added support for extended type attributes in mp files.

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sat Aug 29 21:33:39 BST 2009

Hi Gert,

> i just build mkgmap out of svn trunk and test it with a single
> marine/ext poi in an mp-file.
> It works.

Good.

> But i discovered that neither the flashing nor the morsing  works in
> Mapsource or in my 60csx . I guess these functions are only avaiable
> with special marine gps of Garmin.

No, they should certainly be visible in mapsource (I am using 6.15.6).
My etrex also does show marine stuff. So if you are using a recent
mapsource and stuff isn't showing up, perhaps I have made a mistake and
something needs fixing?

The morse and flash info only shows up in mapsource if you look at the
POI properties dialog.

> A nice enhancement is the "note=" or "mkgmap:xt-note". I got up to 200
> signs in this container displayed on my 60csx.

OK.

> This is more as double of what you can normally put in "StreetDesc=" of
> a POI.(sorry i don't know the tag in osm. In Mapedit you can write it in
> the objekt properties=>Address=>Street and in the mp-file it is the
> "StreetDesc=" entry).

Cheers,

Mark