logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address search problem due to required "State" value

From Nakor nakor.wp at gmail.com on Sat Aug 29 03:50:50 BST 2009

   Hello,

Being quite new here I would like to understand what is missing. My GPS is
an etrex Vista. I generated a map of Michigan from OSM using mkgmap. If I go
to Find > Addresses, I am able to search for adresses. I first search the
street name (for example Jefferson Ave), then I go to street number and just
hit OK. From that point I have a list of streets with cities that shows up.

The things I have noticed:

* If some ways are named similarly (Jeffersin Ave and Jefferson Blvd), all
streets will show up if you select the first one. I f you select any other,
the list will shoe "NONE FOUND".
* Some streets do not show up in the correct city (maybe this is due to some
bad OSM data)

  N.