logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] gui for areas.list ?

From Chris Miller chris.miller at kbcfp.com on Fri Aug 28 20:03:26 BST 2009

Hmm, this one had me stumped for a bit but I think I know what it is. The
"mapid = 1" is the giveaway... It looks like the code that parses areas.list
currently looks for an 8 digit number - if it doesn't find one it'll fail
with the exception you've shown. Because you specified mapid = 1, the ID
was written out as a single digit (rather than "00000001").

Try editing the mapids in the file to give the maps 8 digit numbers, it will
then hopefully work OK. I should probably fix the splitter so it zero-pads
out the map ID when writing the areas.list file. Though I don't know much
about the importance of the map ID - do mkgmap, mapsource, devices etc still
work OK if the ID is less than 10000000?

Chris