logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] gui for areas.list ?

From Chris Miller chris.miller at kbcfp.com on Fri Aug 28 18:50:22 BST 2009

L> Yes, thoughts all over. I seem to remember a haiku that was brought
L> up just before SOTM2 and was a mantra during last SOTM which was
L> something like "Mappas mappas mappas". :p
L>
L> What I mean is that it might be best to just stick to the number and
L> not include any language. I'm fine with EN or EN_US but perhaps
L> others would rather have it something else. You can't do much wrong
L> sticking to numbers only...

Very good point. I'm a bit rusty on thinking in terms of i18n unfortunately,
most of my dev is for one locale only. I've stripped out the "Map " prefix.

L> I will commit myself to making a webinterface for editing areas.kml
L> files now that you have addressed my wishes and comments so swiftly
L> :)

Haha I haven't implemented the KML parsing yet, don't get too excited ;)

L> Thank you very much Chris for your work!

No problem at all. Thanks to you for your feedback and of course for all
the effort that's gone into your website. Your site was one of the reasons
I got interested in this project in the first place.

Chris