logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] --make-all-cycleways oddity

From Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net on Fri Aug 28 09:39:10 BST 2009

Mark,

Mark Burton schreef:
>> http://www.yournavigation.org/?flat=52.392997&flon=4.871082&tlat=52.391864&tlon=4.87679&v=motorcar&fast=1&layer=mapnik
>> Any ideas? (I'll recheck the routing later on, to see if this will also
>> happen with positions further away in one-way-streets).
> I think that (at least with mapsource) the routing restrictions are
> considered "advisory" at times rather than absolute prohibitions. If
> you start a route close to a road that has a synthesised cycleway I can
> quite believe that the gps would "grab" the cycleway instead of the
> road. If it routes down the cycleway from another way and a road is
> also available at the same point, that's not good.

In this case, it does: see the route above (the correct one); my Nuvi
sends me right to the corner Spaarndammerdijk/Hembrugstraat and wants me
to turn right to Hembrugstraat (cycleway).

I know that accessibility is only advisory when there's no other way,
but in this case, there's a clear route to the destination, but with the
cycleway option turned on, it sends me in the wrong direction.

I'll check what it does without the cycleways first.

V.