logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] how to qlandkarte or qlandkartegt

From Carsten Schwede computerteddy at gmx.de on Thu Aug 27 07:33:29 BST 2009

Hi there Robert,

Robert Joop schrieb:
> i'm a little confused as on which program to use (to view the
> result without copying it to a garmin GPSr) and how -
> qlandkarte or qlandkartegt (which recently appeared in debian sid),

Use QLandkarteGT, its the newer program.

> and which files to load (or import?), single tile .img (from mkgmap),
> gmapsupp.img or the .tdb from mkgmap, or the gmapsupp.img from gmt
> (as the linux gmaptool is named).

In QLandkarteGT you can import whole mapsets including tdb and overview
img- tile. If you have only some img tiles, you must first create a tdb
and a overview map for proper loading this maps.

(java -jar mkgmap.jar --tdbfile *.img)

> for example it seems that i can load a tile in qlandkarte, but loading
> a second tile does not make it appear.

The loading of single img tiles is not possible anymore in the newer
versions of QLandkarteGT.

> due to the strange behaviour of qlandkarte (or me not using them
> properly?), i always copy the final gmapsupp.img to my GPSr...

With QLandkarteGT you can combine more than one map into a gmapsupp.img.

--
Viele Gruesse
Computerteddy