logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] ant test supposed to work?

From Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org on Wed Aug 26 22:46:17 BST 2009

Steve Ratcliffe <steve at parabola.me.uk> writes:

> Hi
>
>> Actually the problem was the org.hamcrest package.  If anyone else runs
>> into the same, I solved it by installing the "libhamcrest-java" debian
>> package and then fixing up the installation like this:
>
> That is strange, those classes are in my junit-4.5.jar and I thought
> that it was directly downloaded as that is what I always do - I know
> that they are not in the source jar though.

It seems that Debian's junit4.jar package (junit4 4.7-2) does not
contain the org.hamcrest symbols, but they are indeed part of junit
upstreams JAR files.  There is a README.Debian file explaining that to
use junit4 with ant in debian, I need to manually modify the build.xml
file to specifically reference junit4.jar.  Sigh.

/Simon