logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Selectable maps on gps

From charlie at cferrero.net charlie at cferrero.net on Wed Aug 26 08:43:42 BST 2009

Quoting Clifford Nolan <clifford.nolan at ul.ie>:

> I can't seem to find the right options so that I can output more than
> one map within a gmapsupp.img file and have those individual maps be
> selectable with the ticks on the gps itself.
>
> For example, if I have file_A.osm and file_B.osm  how can make these two
> separate maps show up separately on the gps so I can select them?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Cliff

This is how I do it.

1. Run mkgmap for each OSM file and have it create file_a.img and file_b.img
2. Run sendmap, open both img files, click on the "create GMAPSUPP.IMG" button
3. Copy the gmapsupp.img file to my GPS

My GPS will now let me select each map individually or together.

You can get sendmap here: http://www.cgpsmapper.com/buy.htm