logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter --cache parameter

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Aug 26 07:21:47 BST 2009

Hi Chris,

I haven't tested the --cache parameter yet, but I have written some tools
that have dealt with the same problem.

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 12:00:50AM +0000, Chris Miller wrote:
> Hi Francois,
>
> Have a go with splitter r77. It should now detect what a cache from a previous
> splitter run contains. It will then reuse or regenerate it as is appropriate
> for the parameters you have provided to the current run. I've tested just
> about every combination of --split-file, --cache, and .osm file parameters
> I can think of, hopefully it'll do the right thing in all situations now.
> Give me a shout if you have any problems.

Are you caching the command line parameters and the file sizes and time stamps
of all input files?  That should be rather safe.  To be even safer, you should
perhaps also cache the splitter revision number.

	Marko