logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter error using --cache option

From Chris Miller chris.miller at kbcfp.com on Wed Aug 26 01:09:25 BST 2009

Hi Carlos,

Try splitter r77, it should now behave the way you expect with caching and
--split-file. I decided to make it print a (perhaps too threatening?) warning
message if it detects that you want to build a cache even though it only
needs to make a single pass over the .osm file. I figured it's better to
make people aware of the performance impact of doing this than for the splitter
to just silently take longer than it should without the user realising something
might be amiss.

Chris