logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Garmin Edge 705 bug in bicycle routing

From Chris-Hein Lunkhusen chris66nrw at gmx.de on Tue Aug 25 14:01:08 BST 2009

Marko Mäkelä schrieb:

> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/routing/issues#Bad_bicycle_routing
>
> with an example where the bicycle route from A to C is much longer than the
> routes from A to B and B to C.  I guess but have not verified that this is
> because of an access restriction that I added near B.  It seems that the
> routing engine in Garmin Edge 705 ignores cycleways in the middle of the
> route on longer routes.  If bicycling is prohibited on the major road, then
> you may be sent to a long detour, ignoring the cycleway running next to
> the major road.

Did you check, if the online routing services are able to route
bicyclers correct on this location? Maybe some missing link
from the main road to the cycleway?

But indeed: the garmin bicyle routing is a little bit mystic.
That's the reason for me using "taxi" in my style for bicyle routing.

Chris