logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter error using --cache option

From Chris Miller chris.miller at kbcfp.com on Mon Aug 24 17:00:16 BST 2009

Hi Carlos,

This is something I'm aware of but haven't yet had time to address. It's
because (currently) the cache can only be generated during the first stage
when the areas.list file is also being generated. If you supply areas.list
and use --cache at the same time, the splitter assumes the cache has already
been generated, hence the reason you're seeing this error. It's on my todo
list to allow cache generation to occur during the second stage too if need
be, I just didn't think anyone would encounter this situation before I had
a solution in place. Guess I was wrong! :)  To be honest though if you already
have an areas.list file and are only making one pass over the XML file during
the splitting stage, there's no benefit to using the --cache parameter at
all unless you perform multiple runs of the splitter (even with different
areas.list files - all that matters is the original .osm file being split
is the same). Is that what you want to do?

For now your options are to either generate the cache by running the splitter
once with no --split-file parameter, or running without the --cache option.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Chris