logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap build process: how to apply patches

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Mon Aug 24 15:04:29 BST 2009

Moin,

I am trying to attend the mkgmap devellopment, but I have still some
trouble with the build process, partly because I am also not familiar
with the Linux environment.

As a start I installed Suse Linux and the Eclipse IDE.

First step was downloading the source package from the mkgmap download
page, extracting this package into a folder, creating an ANT-project in
Eclipse and finally building mkgmap. Ok, this worked.

Second step was using kdesvn and retrieving the sources from svn-trunk
via subversion instead of downloading the source package. On this
working copy I was again able to build mkgmap via an ANT-Eclipse-Project.

But I haven't figured out yet, how to integrate a patch provided via
this list into my build process. Can anybody give me some advise, how to
use the patches?

Gruss
Torsten