logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Sea Polygons and java 1.6

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Sat Aug 22 22:09:19 BST 2009

On Aug 22, 2009, at 19:02, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

> The openJDK release from the
> same source has recently appeared and is GPL of course and so has no
> such restriction, but it is marked beta and although I would be
> surprised if there were any problem with a command line app it would
> be
> good to have it confirmed.

I can confirm that this works. I downloaded the 32-bit OpenJDK6 Beta 1
from http://landonf.bikemonkey.org/static/soylatte/

After installing, I was able to compile both splitter and mkgmap with
the sea polygons patch applied. Furthermore, I was able to use the jai
libraries from Sun to compile the optional contour code.

This was on an OS X 10.5 system with a 64 bit intel CPU.