logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Another splitter bug

From Chris Miller chris.miller at kbcfp.com on Sat Aug 15 16:17:49 BST 2009

JO> Is there a XML schema definition for the 0.6 XML dumps?  A bit of
JO> googling showed one for the 0.5 api but I didn't see anything for
JO> 0.6.
JO> If we had an XML schema definition a separate XML parser/validator
JO> could be used to check inputs.

I can't say I've looked for one though I'd hope there was a schema/DTD somewhere.
As far as the splitter's concerned it's only interested in a limited subset
of the information anyway so strict conformance to the schema isn't essential.
It certainly wouldn't do any harm for people to validate their XML one way
or another before passing it to the splitter though.