logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter: small patch and wishlist

From Chris Miller chris.miller at kbcfp.com on Fri Aug 14 07:19:53 BST 2009

Hi Valentijn,

VS> My own code has a private boolean deleted that is added to
VS> SplitParser, and in endElement() it says "if (!deleted)
VS> {writeNode(currentNode);}", while in startElement I check for
VS> attributes.getValue("action") in case of "way" and "node" (didn't
VS> bother to check "relation" but I think I should have).
VS>
VS> But as I said before, my code is too horrible to share. And maybe
VS> the places where I check and do things are wrong, too.

That's not too horrible, I've seen a lot worse from people who are supposed
to be doing this sort of thing for a living!

I've committed a fix for this. Note that a check in just startElement() is
enough because if the appropriate mode hasn't been set there then endElement()
won't do anything anyway. I've also added the same test to DivisionParser
so deleted nodes don't affect the area subdivision.

Chris