logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter: small patch and wishlist

From Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net on Fri Aug 14 03:36:36 BST 2009

Chris Miller schreef:
> I've only just seen your hex patch sorry, it looks good and I've just checked
> it in.

Thank you :)

> Can you please give me an example of the action='deleted' tag you're talking
> about? Do you mean the action='delete' attribute specified in the JSOM file
> format? (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM_file_format). I assume you'd
> like the splitter to completely ignore any nodes/ways/relations with that
> setting?

Yes. This is useful, if you want to make hand-made changes to the map
before compiling. JOSM doesn't delete things, it marks them
action='delete'. I found no other (easy) way to ignore these, than to
patch splitter for it.

My own code has a private boolean deleted that is added to SplitParser,
and in endElement() it says "if (!deleted) {writeNode(currentNode);}",
while in startElement I check for attributes.getValue("action") in case
of "way" and "node" (didn't bother to check "relation" but I think I
should have).

But as I said before, my code is too horrible to share. And maybe the
places where I check and do things are wrong, too.

V.
--
Durgerdamstraat 29, 1507 JL Zaandam; telefoon 075-7074579