logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mistake in options?

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at jemila.jazztel.es on Thu Aug 13 20:31:32 BST 2009

Felix Hartmann escribió:
> Valentijn Sessink wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>>> Are you confusing this with the series-name option which assigns the
>>> map name in the "Select a Product" drop down list in mapsource?
>>>

>> What I'm trying to achieve is a change in my Garmin Nuvi map selection
>> menu. It is currently saying:
>>
>> [X] --family-name
>>    [1] OSM Map
>> [X] Regular Garmin Map Name
>>    [1] Area Of This Map
>>
>> (Meaning: family-name does work and changes the map name) To change "OSM
>> Map" to "whatever" I tried all the xxxx-name options, and finally found
>> that changing the getDescription() to a hard coded "BLAH" would work. I
>> don't know why it didn't work another way - Felix Hartmann commented
>> that I need to set three naming options, I did not try that yet (and I
>> am a bit puzzled by it - if you don't set all three, the description
>> option doesn't do anything???)
>>
>> So it's the Nuvi map naming that I'm after.
>>
> it's --family-name that you want to use. series, family and
> description --> that's all three. Do you transfer directly the
> gmapsupp (via --gmapsupp) or do you go via Mapsource? maybe you have a
> wrong tdb registered for Mapsource?
Here you have the options I use and the result in nuvi 300. I hope this
help you:
--description="OpenStreetMap-Iberia"
--family-name="Open Street Map"
--series-name="OSM-Iberia-s"
--gmapsupp
I copy generated gmapsupp.img directly to the nuvi's SD. In the map
selection menu I get:
[ ]Open Street Map (from --family-name)
    [1] OpenStreetMap-Iberia (from description)
Regards
Carlos