logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mistake in options?

From Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net on Thu Aug 13 19:19:54 BST 2009

Felix Hartmann schreef:
> it's --family-name that you want to use.

See above example. Family name is the generic map family name.
"description" should show up at the place where it says "OSM Map", but
it did not - so far. A hard coded "description" did, however.

The source code just says:
overallDescription = args.getDescription();
in src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/combiners/GmapsuppBuilder.java

... and I don't know why that doesn't work for me. Setting
overallDescription = "Something Else"; // hard coded
does work.

> series, family and description
> --> that's all three.

So you're saying that description only works if you set family name? I
can't see this in the source code, but I could be mistaken.

> Do you transfer directly the gmapsupp

Yep. I'm a Linux user and MapSource will run happily under Wine, but I
don't think the USB connection will work out (did try once, did not
succeed, and I'm not too interested anyway).

V.
--
Durgerdamstraat 29, 1507 JL Zaandam; telefoon 075-7074579