logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Putting the DP code under the microscope (simplifyWays patch V8)

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Wed Aug 12 16:10:00 BST 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Johann Gail<johann.gail at gmx.de> wrote:

> Find attached an patch of my working copy. It is based mainly on my old
> simplifyWays patch. Its diffed against the current R1102.
>
> The main idea is to merge the lines directly before input them to the
> filters.
> It improves drawing speed on my etrex considerably on very low zooms. I'm
> not sure, if it is the optimal place to do the merging, but it seems to
> work.

I tested this patch, and it seems to work well. I have not yet
thoroughly tested it, and I have not done a speed comparison, but I
think the patch is quite worthwhile. Are you considering further work
on it, or getting it committed?

Cheers and Thanks.