logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Rounding bug in splitter?

From Chris Miller chris.miller at kbcfp.com on Tue Aug 11 14:44:44 BST 2009

> Hi
>
> On 10/08/09 22:37, Chris Miller wrote:
>
>> Hi Steve/anyone,
>>
>> Can someone please clarify exactly how DivisionParser.round(Area) is
>> supposed to behave? My understanding is that it is taking the area
>> passed in and rounding
>>
> On past experience, it is pretty safe to assume that any rounding code
> written by me is incorrect until proven otherwise.

Haha OK, I'll bear that tip in mind ;) Thanks for clarifying.

I haven't yet had time to read through and understand everything in the thread
Valentijn pointed at (http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2009q3/002789.html)
but my impression is that the conclusion was that the splitter should be
rounding areas off to boundaries in multiples of 4096 rather than 2048? If
that's so I'll have a look at fixing that tonight (hopefully it's as simple
as setting SPLIT = 12 for AreaSplitter.limit(), DivisionParser.round()).

Chris