logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Append Name with general rules via style-file

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Fri Aug 7 17:23:59 BST 2009

Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
> With these two rules, even if they are run in same order as
> they are written, the second one could never
> have an effect if ${name} is defined.
>

>> highway=* { name '${name} (${ref})' | '${ref}' | '${name}' }
>> highway=* { name '${name} ${name1}' | '${name1}' | '${name}' }
>>

> This is because you can only set the name once.  If ${name} is set
> then the name will be set in the first rule and so the only
> way that the second rule can be used is if ${name1} is set and ${name}
> is not set.
>
> You could fix that by doing everything together, if that is
> the effect you want:
>
> highway=* {
> 	name '${name} (${ref})'
> 		| '${ref}'
> 		| '${name} ${name1}'
> 		| '${name1}'
> 		| '${name}'
> }
>
> ..Steve

The problem ist that generating a list that does everything together
will become to complex, say you have to write down all combination for
10 keys. Or am I missing something? The problem is that if I write
everything into one line, and one key listed there is not present on
highway=* it will fail.

highway=* {
	name '${name} (${ref})'
		| '${ref}'
		| '${name} ${name1}'
		| '${name1}'
		| '${name}'
}

would become for one more value

highway=* {
	name 	| '${ref} ${name} ${name1} ${name2}'
		| '${name} ${name1} ${name2}'
		| '${ref} ${name1} ${name2}'
		| '${ref} ${name} ${name2}'
		| '${ref} ${name} ${name}1'
		| '${ref} ${name}
		| '${ref} ${name1}
		| '${ref} ${name2}
		| '${name} ${name1}
		| '${name} ${name2}
		| '${name1} ${name2}
		| '${name}'
		| '${name1}'
		| '${name2}'
		| '${ref}'

}

Adding one more and it gets even worse....... but adding 10 more keys and this list will grow into eternity.....

Now the problem is that I don't want to have the value of the key in the name itself each time, but on presence of a key I wan't to have another value inside.

so if route=mtb is present I want to have mtbrt in the name, or for route=bicycle I would like to have cyrt and so on. So I have to run some tests whether values are present or not, which would make the task to put everything into on line even more difficult...